Hi there and welcome to my site. I am SO glad you are here! I went on a bit of a hat making binge and came up with this bulky crochet pattern below. It works up fast and is warm and cute!
Quick Criss-Cross Beanie Pattern:
Skill Level: Beginner
• Yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky,100% Acrylic (3.5 oz / 100g)  Super Bulky Weight Yarn, Color: Hot Pink (Yarn Care: Machine Wash and Dry)
• Hook: N 15 (10.00 mm) Susan Bates
• Scissors, Darning Needle
3rd Loop – Loop behind the stitch
Ch - Chain
HDC – HDC
MR - Magic Ring
Rep – Repeat
SC - Single Crochet
SK – skip
SS – Slip Stitch
ST/STS – Stitch, Stitches
• This project is worked in the round
• At the end of each row you will slip stich to the first stitch of the row and chain 1
• The chain one does not count as a stitch
• In row 6 you will begin the cross stich HDC, skip the first stitch HDC in the next, then go back and HDC in the skipped stitch
Finished Circumference 20, 7.5” height. Adult medium. To fit 22” head size.
R1: MR, ch1, 8 sc, ss to the stop of the first sc 
R2: Ch 1, 2 hdc in each st around, ss to the top of the first hdc 
R3: Ch 1, *2 hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in the next** Repeat from * to ** until end, ss to the top of the first hdc 
R4: Ch 1, * 2 hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in the next two sts** Repeat from * to ** until end, ss to the top of the first hdc 
R5: Ch 1, * 2 hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in each of the next three sts** Repeat from * to ** until end, ss to the top of the first hdc 
R6: Ch1, *sk first stich, hdc in the next st, hdc in the skipped st.** (This is the cross stich hdc, your stitches should have crossed over one another.) Rep from * to ** around until you reach the end. [20 cross sts]
Round 7-10 Repeat Round 6
R11: Ch 1, hdc in the 3rd loop BEHIND the stitch. This will push the stitch forward to create a nice line for the bottom of the hat. Continue this stitch around until the end. 
R12: Rep round 11. 
Finish off. Weave in ends.
Optional: You can add a pom-pom if you’d like to the top. I made one with and one without. I like them both.
I also made another hat with a Bernat Thick and Quick. See picture below. Any size 6 Super Bulky weight yarn will work for this.